This has been going around for quite some time so I hope I can come up with five other people to tag. But I guess that's the whole idea. It's a really good way to get to know each other and find out who's out there doing great art. Actually I'm quite honored to be tagged because I have not had a blog for very long.
I was tagged by Pablo Villicana Lara. Pablo and I are old friends. We met a year or so ago via email by way of the International Guild of Realism. Pablo is a wonderful watercolor artist and a really great guy.
Ok, so I'm supposed to write five little known things about myself....hummmm
1. I am the mother of seven children. Four boys and three girls. Those beloved children have given their father and I sixteen wonderful grandchildren.
2. I was actually born in Arkansas but I always say I was born in Texas. Why? Because I am a Texan! Ok, so here's why...I was born in Texarkana which many of you may or may not know is a twin city that's actually in two states and two counties. Texas is on one side and Arkansas on the other. State Line Ave. runs right through the middle. Ironic as it may seem, alcohol cannot be purchased on the Texas side but it can be on the Arkansas side. Seems silly to me...I really wonder why they bother. Anyway, when I was born, there was only one hospital and it was on the Arkansas side. I couldn't have been there more than a couple of days so it shouldn't be a big deal, Right? Besides, I got to Texas as soon as I could.
3. I love mysteries. I am especially fond of Agatha Christies Poirot played by David Suchet. I'm pretty sure I've seen all sixty-one episodes, or maybe I've seen the same two dozen over and over again, but I never tire of them. My favorite Miss Marple was played by Margaret Rutherford. Click HERE to see a YouTube Video clip and you'll see what I mean. Unfortunately they've got the music too loud so you can barely hear the dialog. But believe me, she's a hoot! I think Agatha Christie disapproved of her playing Miss Marple but to me she was the best. There were only four Miss Marple movies made starring Margaret Rutherford. All four were made somewhere between 1961 and 1965. I also enjoy Midsomer Murders and the British comedies, Fawlty Towers and Keeping Up Appearances. Oh...I can start laughing just thinking about them.
4. I refer to my studio as "the Abyss". If it makes it way in here it's possibly lost forever. I have one place where I put everything that's really important, other than that I'm not sure where anything is...what's wierd is everyone tells me I'm very organized. I guess that's everywhere outside of here...ya think?
5. I didn't know I had a sister, actually a half sister, until about ten years ago. My Mother was eighteen or nineteen when she gave birth to her. I believe she was born on August 8,1943 in a Catholic Hospital in Hollywood or in LA. Her birth name was Margaret Nan. That's all I know.
Ok I've picked five other people to tag...here they are..
K M Withers